Pages

Monday 9 September 2013

Falooda Recipe with step by step pics

When I started this blog, I promised myself that I will be posting two days a week. But, I sinned. My busy schedule keeps me engaged all the time giving me no time to spend on things I love to do, yea, cooking!!! Though I tried many recipes, I had no time to click pictures or to do any restaurant reviews.

My dream is to be a full time blogger someday, mastering almost all Indian Recipes and to publish books on Indian cuisine. I regret for having been a procrastinator at the very first step in accomplishing my dream as a full time blogger.

Coming to the recipe, today I will be briefing about how I got introduced to this recipe and the method of preparation in detail. This Falooda is a perfect party time dessert recipe where everything is prepared already and you just need to assemble everything in a glass. Sounds easy right?? 

Though I have ordered this Falooda in many restaurants, I never had the urge to try this at home until I heard my aunt who made this at home. She told the entire procedure in phone and I registered it in my brains instantly :-). This recipe calls for certain complex ingredients so I'll be telling you where I got these from, so if you are residing in Chennai you can get it from where I got.


The Falooda glasses MUST be narrow and transparent. If you use a wide glass the layers will collapse making the Falooda clumsy. The beauty of this recipe lies in the colorful layers built up in a narrow tall glass. Try to use spoons in the length of the glasses as it will be easy to take out the layers at the last and of course gives you a restaurant Falooda feeling :-). I bought these Falooda glasses and spoons from Currimbhoys in Parrys, Chennai.

Basil seeds / Sabza seeds - My aunt got these seeds from Nilgiris, but I didn't get it in Nilgiris so I bought it from a supermarket next to my house. You can try getting it in any Nilgiris outlet or any supermarket.

The other ingredients can be bought in any supermarket.

Serves - 2
Ingredients:

Jelly crystals packet - 1 
Basil seeds / Sabza seeds - 1 tsp
Tutty fruity - 1 tsp
Chopped Nuts - 1 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
Rose essence - 3 drops
Icecream - 1 or 2 scoops ( any flavor )
Cherry - 2
Fruits - 3 tsp ( fruits of your choice )
Milk - 1 cup
Vermicelli - 1/4 cup
Yellow food color - a small pinch
Powdered sugar - 5 tsp

Preparation :

1. Soak a tsp of Sabza seeds in a cup of hot water till it bulges. Drain excess water and keep aside.

2. Prepare jelly as per directions given in the packet and keep aside.

3. Chop nuts and fruits. Take a tsp of tutty fruity and cherry and keep it ready.

4. Cook vermicelli in milk till soft. Strain milk from the vermicelli.
5. Add a pinch of orange food color to the cooked vermicelli and keep aside.
6. To the milk add 3 drops of rose essence and keep it ready.


Method of preparation :
1. Chop the prepared jelly (refer point 2 under Preparation) and arrange it in the glass at the bottom of the glass.

2. Layer it with 3 tsp of Sabza seeds (refer point 1 under Preparation).

3. Next, layer with 2 tbsp of cooked and prepared vermicelli (refer point 4 under Preparation).

4. Next layer it with 3 tsp of chopped fruits. I used apple and banana.

6. Pour the prepared rose milk to the layered falooda.
7. Finally add 2 or 3 scoops of ice cream.
8. Add chopped nuts, tutty fruity and a cherry on top.


Note :
1. You can add chopped nuts of your choice. I added chopped cashews, almonds, walnuts and raisins.
2. You can choose your choice of fruits. I used
3. There are many flavors of jelly crystals available in the market. I used Raspberry flavor. Do try it with different flavors.
4. The vermicelli should not be mushy so do not overcook.
5. 1 tsp of sabza seeds yeild 4 tsp when soaked so take care not to add too much.
6. I used store bought ice cream. The flavor of the ice cream is also your choice.
7. You can also add 1 tsp of chocolate fudge on top of the ice cream or any other essence, again it is purely your choice.
8. Serve it immediately after layering.


I hope you liked this post :-)
If you found this post useful, share it on your Facebook page.

Please do like my Facebook page, join me on Google+, follow me on twitter or pin me on Pinterest to get more updates from Cookgramam :-)

Bye :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment.. I hope you enjoyed reading my blog...